Tuesday, September 21, 2010

learning

Gever Tully seemed very knowledgeable about how people learn. He knew that keeping a variety
is always good, and  he believed that giving tests was something that doesn’t help.  He said that its better for
kids to have a hands on learning experience, because it gives them an opportunity to see and become
familiar with what they are learning about.
        The video was very short, and Gever Tully didn’t really go in depth. So, it is difficult to understand
why someone would assume that there could be a half page paper written about it.
        In my experiences with school, I’ve rarely had teachers that new how to keep my attention, or
knew how to give me the right type of learning experience to help learn the curriculum. I’ve had a lot of teachers just stand there and give lectures, or some teaches would teach a program way to fast for
people who have no experience. I even have a class right now that I can’t seem to keep up. Adobe
Illustrator makes no sense to me and the teacher just expects me to understand the tool once he shows what
it does. I don’t learn new concepts that fast for the most part.
        I’ve never done well in school, and I don’t think I ever will. The only classes I’ve done beyond
expectations in are grammar classes, and most certainly art.  It seems to me that the only teaches I’ve had
that I can truly pay attention to have taught those subjects. There’s been a few science teachers and math teachers here and there that have done a great job but mostly there hasn’t been.
         I’ve always been a very visual, hands on type of person. That’s why I’ve always liked Art. If I can
see something happen and make something happen, it is easier for me to learn why it happens. There’s
really not much to say about that. It’s pretty self explanatory.
    I guess that’s all I have to say about this extremely boring topic. I wonder how other papers are
going to compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment